The first NCC platoon in our college was formed as early as 1956 with fifty Cadets and Sri A. Nagabhushanam, M.Sc, Hd., of the Department of Physics as the first NCC officer, in the rank of 2/Lt. Two more platoons each fifty strong were added in the succeeding two yrars. Sri K.Satyanarayana, M.Com., and Sri P.Venkateswara Rao were the commanders of the platoons respectively.
A Naval platoon of 50 cadets was sanctioned and raised in the college in 1974 with Sri P.Madhavaraonaidu, Lecturer in Chemistry as the Commanding Officer. With a view to achieving completeness of all NCC wings in the college.
AIMS OF NCC:
Ø To develop character, ideals of serviced and capacity for leadership in the youth of the country.
Ø To stimulate interest in the defence of the country, by providing service training to youth and
Ø To build up a reserve to enable the Armed forces and expand rapidly in case of National Emergency.
and implementation of “JANMABHOOMI” sponsored by Government of Andhra Pradesh in the year 1999.